cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Peak detector

Solved!
Go to solution

Hey all,

i need to use the peak detector but labview8.5 says (NOT in base package ) what can i do ?

Best regards 

Bill David
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 16
(4,767 Views)

Hi shangal,

Better look online for a "peak detection" algorithm.There are some ways to do it:

1. The LabVIEW peak detector using a least squares quadratic fit to find the peaks, with a filter of amplitude and width.

2.Another simple way: You can try applying a smoothing filter (use a moving or windowed average) and then look for peaks that way.

I would like to ask you what are you trying to do with the peak detection?Can you provide some more details?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks as kudos only:)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 16
(4,754 Views)

DEAR danil33

well first of all thanks for being friendly ang looking to give some help,

i was actually trying to tell national instrument community that i am a new user for labview, as well as i am very new to this forum .i tried to get some help knowing that i am very new for graphical programming . i asked too many for help , but still considering me as a labview programmer , anyway hope you can understand me and gimme some help , i have 10 days left to submitt my Uni project.

i was trying to implement an ECG circuit that displays the heart signal on labview as well as the heart rate via serial port. i implemented the circuit and everythin works fine , but cant go further into labview programming .

i tried to use the examples provided by labview help (advanced serial  VISA read and write) to start with . i dont need someone to do my work for me, but i need real cooperation. that;s it . anyway ...all i want to do is to take the ECG signal from the serial port, display it on labview , display heart rate, and i asked for peak detector for the purpose mentioned in the attachment below (see pictures ).i planned to give it also a beep sound with every single heart rate an and an alarm when the heart rate goes belo threshold  .

i am really confused , and have no idea what to do .

anyway thank you for the reply dear friend .

Bill David
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 16
(4,737 Views)

sorry forgot to attach the other pictures.. :S

Bill David
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 16
(4,736 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Bildavid

If you only have the base package, you are not going to have the peak detector so you will have to figure something else out as already noted. Your version of LabVIEW is shown when you select Help>About LabVIEW.

Is your serial read working at all? Are you able to display the signal? You need to start with this and then go forward. Attaching images of a block diagram that everyone has does not explain at all what your problem is.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 16
(4,717 Views)

Dear 

any suggestions.

Bill David
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 16
(4,707 Views)

First, you never want to use the run continous button and you never want to have Measurement & Automation Explorer open when you are running a VI. The VI you posted (which I assume you did not write), will run until you press stop or until an error is detected. If you are getting an error, you need to take note of that and provide the error code. The example you posted writes something to the device. Does your hardware require something to be received before it sends data? The VI you posted assumes a single byte is being transmitted by the hardware. You still have not provided any information on the hardware you are using. Does it in fact send a single byte? In other words, are you using an 8 bit A/D in this hardware? Is this hardware sending a termination character after each byte or after a set of bytes or nothing at all?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 16
(4,702 Views)

dear 

Bill David
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 16
(4,697 Views)

Your answer poses new questions. Since it sounds like the sensor is sending two different signals, how do you know which byte is which? Is it one byte for heart signal and then one for rate? How do you know which is which? You need something in the micro code to differentiate the two and that has to be parsed in the LabVIEW program. What do you have for a sample rate? Is it slow enough for serial communication?

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 16
(4,688 Views)

Hi 

Bill David
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 16
(4,685 Views)