LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phased array beam steering

Hello, not having much knowledge on LabVIEW I allow myself to solicit the forum for my code. I have to feed 16 speakers with the same signal but I have to be able to put a delay between each speaker in order to simulate a system like the one on the attached picture :

niforum.png

I hope that will be able to help me. 

Thanks to those who will consider this message.

Delpiero

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(1,086 Views)

Is this an actual system or a 100% simulation?

Because if it's an actual system, then you have hardware to hook up to a PC, and we would need to know what hardware that is to even begin advising on LabVIEW options.

At a general level though, this doesn't even sound like much of a "LabVIEW problem" because the sort of system that could do that with enough accuracy to actually work properly at the speed of sound couldn't run only in software, it would need to be hardware-based with some sort of software control.

Message 2 of 9
(1,066 Views)

This sounds like a very cool project.  Please stick to your original topic so we can keep the discussion in one place.  Thanks!

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
Message 3 of 9
(1,054 Views)

Thank you for your response.

Indeed, it is a real system. I am using a "NI PXI-1042" with which the speakers will interact.

You are right about the code, it seems relatively simple to do for someone (it would be mostly about understanding the software control) but with my lack of LabVIEW knowledge this is my major problem.

For the moment I tried to forget the real part of the system and tried to concentrate on the code only. I tried to generate a Waveform signal from which I would phase the other 15 signals. This did not give me any convincing result.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(1,011 Views)

Oh sorry, I just sticked it.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(1,010 Views)

@DelPiero wrote:

Thank you for your response.

Indeed, it is a real system. I am using a "NI PXI-1042" with which the speakers will interact.

You are right about the code, it seems relatively simple to do for someone (it would be mostly about understanding the software control) but with my lack of LabVIEW knowledge this is my major problem.

For the moment I tried to forget the real part of the system and tried to concentrate on the code only. I tried to generate a Waveform signal from which I would phase the other 15 signals. This did not give me any convincing result.

FYI - PXI 1042 is just the chassis that holds the instruments.

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(999 Views)

Please excuse my lack of precision and thank you for your answer.

I will use 8 "XH-M543" (Digital Amplifier for Audio Amplifier Board (2-channel, 120 W, TPA3116D2, PCB PA3116D2)) to which I will connect 2 speakers each. These 8 boards will be connected to the terminal block "SCB-68A". Finally, the terminal block will be connected to the computer "NI PXI-1042".

DelPiero

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(947 Views)

@DelPiero wrote:

Please excuse my lack of precision and thank you for your answer.

I will use 8 "XH-M543" (Digital Amplifier for Audio Amplifier Board (2-channel, 120 W, TPA3116D2, PCB PA3116D2)) to which I will connect 2 speakers each. These 8 boards will be connected to the terminal block "SCB-68A". Finally, the terminal block will be connected to the computer "NI PXI-1042".

DelPiero

Again, here you miss the instrument that connects to the SCB-68A, it does not connect to PXI-1042 but instead, an instrument plugged into PXI-1042, what is that instrument?

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(914 Views)

Oh sorry. Do you want to know the voltage generator ? My voltage generator will be the FAC-303 B. Here is the complete system.

Also to be more precise the SCB-68A is connected to the NI PXI-6723 part of my computer.

Thank you for your time.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(905 Views)