LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixelmap or image from 3D control?

Hi,
      How can I grab the current 2D view from a 3D control, as a Picture, pixmap, or image-type?

Thanks!
"Inside every large program is a small program struggling to get out." (attributed to Tony Hoare)
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(5,351 Views)

Hi,

You can use the 3D picture control "Render to Image" method. This method returns an image of the scene.

Tunde

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(5,316 Views)
And for another twist see reply #7 in this thread

where Marcus teaches us how to insert the 3d graph in a PowerPoint presentation. He recieved 18 5-star ratings for that one.

Ben
Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(5,310 Views)

Dear Tunde and Ben,

GREAT!  while it's Tunde's solution that I needed... 

@Ben wrote:
And for another twist see reply #7 in this thread

where Marcus teaches us how to insert the 3d graph in a PowerPoint presentation. He recieved 18 5-star ratings for that one.

Ben

.. it was fun to bump Marcus's post - which currently stands at 20/5.0!

Cheers!

"Inside every large program is a small program struggling to get out." (attributed to Tony Hoare)
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(5,299 Views)

Doh!  Sorry Tunde, I don't see a 3D picture control - only 3D graphs (which don't provide a "Render to image" method.)

I'm using 7.1 "Full" maybe that's why I'm not seeing the 3D picture control(?)

Graphs do have an Image property - but it's a "Picture" reference (the wire is teal colored, not blue!)  This "Picture" reference has a "render" method, but that exposes only scalers - 6 or so.  The 3DGraph's Picture-reference also has a "Handle" attribute, but that's another dead-end without more info.

I would like to automate the extraction of the image (or pixlemap) for a 3D Graph control!

BTW Tunde, you're BLUE!?  How'd you do that?

Cheers!

Message Edited by tbd on 03-03-2007 12:42 AM

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(5,295 Views)

`Hi TBD,

That can be a little confusing the first time you run into into it.

The reference that LV creates on the BD when you drop a 3-d graph is a reference to the CW 3-d graph that runs inside an ActiveX conatiner.

Got to the FP and right-click on the freame of the 3-d graph and do a "create reference" (or invoke node) and you will get reference to the ActiveX container.

If you get a chance post an example.

Have fun!

Ben

Message Edited by Ben on 03-03-2007 08:39 AM

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(5,290 Views)

@Ben wrote:

That can be a little confusing the first time you run into into it.

The reference that LV creates on the BD when you drop a 3-d graph is a reference to the CW 3-d graph that runs inside an ActiveX conatiner.

Got to the FP and right-click on the freame of the 3-d graph and do a "create reference" (or invoke node) and you will get reference to the ActiveX container.

Quite right - I didn't realize the FP control and diagram terminal referred to [slightly] different objects. Smiley Surprised

If you get a chance post an example.

Well, I'm not sure what you might be expecting, but here's a GIF built from one of LabVIEW's 3D Examples.
Also attached is the GIF writer - which may be available at OpenG (under Picture lib.)

Cheers!
(and have fun  Smiley Wink - )

Message Edited by tbd on 03-04-2007 03:21 AM

Download All
Message 7 of 7
(5,271 Views)