This widget could not be displayed.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pop-Up Effects

Is there a way of creating a pop-up window similar to the Image attached? Basically, the window or VI should show everything within the blue box, but trnsparent especially behind the "X" button on top where it connects to the box. So far, I can only show a VI with "square" corners, i.e. display the image as a "splash screen" showing only the content in the FP with no borders or menues etc. however, this splash screen content gives me "square" edges. I can't make them rou

nd.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,326 Views)

Oups, forgot the Image.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,322 Views)

If you don't mind a Windows-only solution, you can call functions from the Windows API to make one color in the window completely transparent (which will allow you to click behind the window, which is what you want), so all you need to do is create the rounded-rectangle shape to serve as your background and then color everything outside it using the color which will be made transparent. If you want the X to be like in your example, you will have to create the button yourself and then take the appropriate action in the code.

See here for a simplistic example. The "crkey" input in the last DLL call is the transparent color.

(2,291 Views)

The link was a bit unhappy - I'm assuming it should link here.

EDIT: Weird, it seems to sometimes work and sometimes not.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,266 Views)