LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Popup chart with controls

Hi!

I have a system that collects a 1-D array of waveforms from 4 channels, and i need to display it on a popup chart. In this popup, i should be able to select which of these channels i wanna see on the chart, activating or not boolean controls (4, in case). Can someone help me with this? I just tried to create a subvi directly from the main application, but the one executes and closes with like a 1ms delay, and the popup stays blinking forever.

Regards, 

Vitor P.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,043 Views)

The blinking is a result of opening/closing the subvi as fast as possible. 

Some concerns.  In order to keep the subvi running, you'll have to use a while loop.  This would mean your main VI is paused until you are done viewing graphs.  If this is ok with you, go ahead.

If the main program needs to run while you view graphs, these VI will need to be parallel.

Use a Functional Global Variable to store your data so that each VI can access it (plenty in the forums on this).  When you want the VI to open/run, use "Open VI Reference" , then a property node to open the VI.  An Invoke node will let you run the VI.  You must be very careful with this option as you could end up trying to write and read the functional global at the same time... definately not ideal.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,033 Views)

I need to keep my main application running, like the second option. 

Thanks for the answer, i'll work on it.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,027 Views)