Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prevent User edit of a part of a TypeDef cluster

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi

Sorry if my question is too simple.

I have a TypeDef array that hold for each element another TypeDef cluster with a string indicator, a couple of numeric controls and a Boolean.

My problem is that the user can edit the String Indicator and this is not what I want. I specifically put indicator in the cluster. Why the user can edit this String Indicator ?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(495 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author nitad54449

A cluster's Control vs Indicator status is for the whole thing- you can't mix and match. Either all are controls, or all are indicators.

Right click the string you don't want them to edit, and change it to Disabled. Individual elements can have different Disabled settings.

Message 2 of 3
(478 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author nitad54449

Hi,

When you have a Type Definition, LabVIEW does not care whether the model is a Control or an Indicator, all that counts is the Data Type.

Every time you drop an instance of your Type Definition on a Front Panel, you can choose whether this instance will be a Control (input) or an Indicator (output). To do that, right-click it -> "Change to Control" or "Change to Indicator".

The control/indicator property is global to the whole "component", meaning an array of cluster is entirely either a control or an indicator. You cannot have some of the cluster elements as controls and some as indicators.

If not all of your Control elements should be editable, then disable the ones that should not be edited by right-clicking them -> Advanced -> Enabled State -> "Disabled" or "Disabled and Grayed":

raphschru_0-1686775615920.png

Regards,

Raphaël.

Message 3 of 3
(469 Views)