LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with Delphi created DLL taking string parameter

Hello everybody,

I am trying to call a DLL created with Delphi 7. It takes one parameter of type String writes it in a textfile and returns nothing. I have designed a very simple VI consisting of a String constant linked to a Call Library Function Node. In the Call Library Function Node I use stdcall Calling Convention and String - Pascal String Pointer as arg1. LabView crashes after the execution, the DLL creates the output file but writes nothing in it.

I have tried about any combination of Calling Convention and argument type in the Call Library Function Node but not one seemed to work. If I pass a double value to the DLL (changing the DLL accordingly...) I have no problems.

This seems to me to be the most basic example of a DLL-call, can any body tell me what I am missing? Thank you very much!

Stefan

The DLL Delphi code:

library UMP_DLL;
uses
  SysUtils,
  Classes;
procedure UMP_calc(output: String);
var
  myFile  : TextFile;
begin
  AssignFile(myFile,'output.txt');
  ReWrite(myFile);
  Write(myFile,output);
  CloseFile(myFile);
end;
exports
  UMP_calc;

begin
end.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,099 Views)

OkOk, I just found the problem...

I did not specify the Calling Convention in my Delphi file. Adding "cdecl;" at the end of the procedure declaration (and changing Calling Convention and arg1 to "C" and "String - C String" respectively) solved the problem.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(4,096 Views)

Hi stiif,

I'm a bit late but whatever, problems don't seem to change...

What version of LV and Delphi did you used ? I try to do exactly the same without result...

Fabrice

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,634 Views)