LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with Floating point numbers

Hi, i am using the Community Version for MacOS 14.4 (M1 Mac). When I create a DBL Numeric Constant and I Enter a value, for example 1,5 or 1.5 and I press Enter or click out of the Constant, the Value just changes to 1. Also when I Create a Numeric Control (Representation set to Double) and I try to set the Increment to 0.5 it does the same thing and just lets me set it to Integers. I just can't enter anything after the ".". 

My System language is German and the Community Version is in English so maybe it has something to do with that.

I appreciate your Help.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(226 Views)

I have the same Problem. I am using the Community Version for Mac OS. When I create a DBL Numeric Constant I can enter 1.5 or 1,5 for example but the Constant changes to 1 as soon as I hit enter.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(214 Views)

And what is their Display Format? (you can find it in the Control properties or right-clicking on the constant)

Paolo
-------------------
LV 7.1, 2011, 2017, 2019, 2021
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(213 Views)

Is it orange? If it's blue it's an integer, then you need to r-click and change representation to Dbl. If it's a front panel object it's properties might be set to minimum step 1 and coerce to nearest.

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(197 Views)

I installed the Q3 Patch and now it is working.

Message 5 of 5
(173 Views)