LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with Waveform Chart X scale

Hi guys, thanks for help and excuse me again about my english wrongs.

Ranjeet_Singh:

I will try to use your suggestion in my VI. Very thanks.

altenbach:

Very thanks for help too. I put in attachment my VI and an image of property node.

And i wish that my x-axis show me an 60 min interval, for example, i start de VI at 10:26 and the limit is 11:26, if the time of acquisition gonna be most big that 60 min, i will use a scroll bar

I use this VI for acquire temperature with an Agilent 34970A

It´s a simple trouble, but i can´t solve this.

Icaro Kossmann
LabVIEW 8.6 Newbie.
Brazil
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 48
(1,010 Views)

@Ranjeet_Singh wrote:

Sorry I posted the wrong VI.

Here it is in 8.6

Ranjeet,

Your VI makes absolutely no sense. Why are you subtracting zero (a useless operation!) and why are you rewriting the offset constantly to a new value? This means that e.g. the time for the already acquired leftmost point constantly changes it's timestamp. Since this data has already been acquired, this is completely wrong!

Did you even test your VI before attaching?

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 48
(989 Views)

@Kossmann wrote:

altenbach:

Very thanks for help too. I put in attachment my VI and an image of property node.

And i wish that my x-axis show me an 60 min interval, for example, i start de VI at 10:26 and the limit is 11:26, if the time of acquisition gonna be most big that 60 min, i will use a scroll bar

It´s a simple trouble, but i can´t solve this.

That should work. Of course the interval should not change during acquisition so you should read that outside the loop instead of the innermost loop (no need for local variables). The axis format can be set manually once at edit time, because it never changes. No need to set it over and over using property nodes.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 48
(988 Views)

altenbach escreveu:

That should work. Of course the interval should not change during acquisition so you should read that outside the loop instead of the innermost loop (no need for local variables). The axis format can be set manually once at edit time, because it never changes. No need to set it over and over using property nodes.

I try set absolute time manually on waveform chart properties, but the x-axis don´t refresh the time value when i start the VI.

And on some cases, i need change the time of acquisition, but the chart don´t plot data in correct interval.

I suspect what is a bug in 8.6 version.

Icaro Kossmann
LabVIEW 8.6 Newbie.
Brazil
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 48
(974 Views)

No, t0 needs to be set programmatically. I was talking about cosmetic properties.

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 48
(972 Views)

altenbach:

I think that´s gonna be right now. I adjusted the property node, and the VI refresh x-axis. But the VI plot data in wrong intervals. Not according the x-axis.

Icaro Kossmann
LabVIEW 8.6 Newbie.
Brazil
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 48
(967 Views)

@Kossmann wrote:

But the VI plot data in wrong intervals. Not according the x-axis.

The "Xscale.multipler" is the time interval in seconds, so you should not do the 1/x.

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 48
(954 Views)

Don´t function correctly altenbach 😕
When I use "Xsacel.mutiplier" he change the value of x-axis, but continues plot in the same interval. I wish hold x-axis with 60 min interval and change the value of plot interval. Change the distance between points on graph, not the scale. And change during operation.

Icaro Kossmann
LabVIEW 8.6 Newbie.
Brazil
0 Kudos
Message 18 of 48
(949 Views)

The distance between the points on the scale needs to be correct and everything else will fall into place.

You cannot change the interval during acquisition. The values (offset, increment) apply to the entire chart globally and define the linear mapping between element index and actual x-axis value.

If you have variable time intervals, you need to create an xy chart.

Message 19 of 48
(946 Views)

OK, i will try with an xy chart.
But in the waveform chart where i can change the interval???? Have a property node for this? So I will try work with a constant value in x-scale. With no changes during the execution.

Icaro Kossmann
LabVIEW 8.6 Newbie.
Brazil
0 Kudos
Message 20 of 48
(941 Views)