LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with Waveform Chart X scale

Hi Guys.
So, i found the root of my problem, is the following: My data acquisition (Agilent 34970A) read all the 60 channels in a time interval of 3 seconds. But plot the graph in one in one seconds. So i need a logic to plot the graph in five in five seconds.

Icaro Kossmann
LabVIEW 8.6 Newbie.
Brazil
0 Kudos
Message 41 of 48
(1,106 Views)

I don't think you need any logic. Just read and chart the data only every 5 seconds.

I don't understand how it can take 3 seconds to read the data but you still chart the data ever second? Seems like you have a race condition due to broken data dependency.

Can you show us your newest code?

0 Kudos
Message 42 of 48
(1,088 Views)

I am reading the data in every 5 seconds, but the chart plots the data as if it was read every 1 second.

It take on each 3 seconds because a technical limitation of equipment. It´s de minimum time to read all channels together 😕

The code continues same.

Icaro Kossmann
LabVIEW 8.6 Newbie.
Brazil
0 Kudos
Message 43 of 48
(1,083 Views)

@Kossmann wrote:

I am reading the data in every 5 seconds, but the chart plots the data as if it was read every 1 second.

Does the chart (1) update every second or does it (2) update every 5 seconds, but the markers are just labeled wrong?

0 Kudos
Message 44 of 48
(1,079 Views)
i believe in this: does it (2) update every 5 seconds, but the markers are just labeled wrong
Icaro Kossmann
LabVIEW 8.6 Newbie.
Brazil
0 Kudos
Message 45 of 48
(1,076 Views)

So why do you set the multiplier to 1 if it should be 5? And why do you set it again and again with every iterations instead of once at the beginning of the program?

Your code still has other glaring mistakes. Why do you write to a terminal and its local varaible in parallel? Both operations have the same effect and only one is needed. Also, "index array" is resizeable. (See also)

0 Kudos
Message 46 of 48
(1,049 Views)

Guys, I solved my problem, running waveform chart in a while structure, parallels main code.

Icaro Kossmann
LabVIEW 8.6 Newbie.
Brazil
0 Kudos
Message 47 of 48
(991 Views)

What does that mean?

Are you now asynchonously updating the chart at a higher rate with mostly stale data? Wy did you not simply set the mutiplier to the correct value?

0 Kudos
Message 48 of 48
(986 Views)