cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with integrating Xilinx IP to LabVIEW FPGA

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I am trying to integrate the Xilinx Fast Fourier Transform 9.0 to my LabVIEW FPGA code but I have run into a problem when trying to configure it. When I press "Configure Xilinx IP" it asks me permission to "Confirm execution" to which then I click ok. After that it gives me the same prompt to confirm execution over and over again. I have contacted my company's helpdesk about this problem but I was wondering if any of you have come across this problem and how did you avoid it? As it currently is, I am unable to use these Xilinx IP blocks because of the endless admin privilege popups. I am already running LabVIEW as administrator. 

Thanks for your input:

Aarni

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(935 Views)

Which LabVIEW version, which FPGA target and which OS are you using?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(933 Views)

Hi, sorry

I am using Labview 2019 sp1 32-bit on Windows 10. My target is a PXIe-5774.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(923 Views)

Do you have the Xilinx tools installed, not just the LabVIEW FPGA module?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(916 Views)

I think so.

Here is a screenshot of the NI package manager:

IhmeKyselij_0-1686902398822.png

I'm not running into an error. Just a lot of prompts.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(912 Views)

Are the prompts from Windows, firewall, Anti-virus?

If it works, but just generates dialogs, then it's probably a security setting of your Windows installation.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(906 Views)

They are windows firewall popups that usually come when you are doing something that reguires admin privileges. 

As I said, I have contacted my companys IT department, but I am just l was just asking if somebody had already had the same problem and how they fixed it?

Thanks 🙂

Aarni

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(898 Views)

No. haven't encountered that.

We made sure to have our own admin rights on our development PCs, just too much hassle otherwise.

Message 8 of 9
(880 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author IhmeKyselijä

If you need to interface to hardware in any way (which LabVIEW programs tend to do quite often) it is pretty much mandatory to have higher privileges on a PC during development. Unless your IT department likes to be called because of having to prompt this and that several times a day and can guarantee you a sub 10 seconds reaction time. 😁

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
Message 9 of 9
(875 Views)