LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with Plug n Play Device Drivers

Solved!
Go to solution

I'm trying to manually install some Plug and Play device drivers for my Aglient 81104A Pulse Generator, and I'm having a bit of difficulty. I found instructions for how to manually extract the files, but the instructions say to copy/paste the folder (which contains two .llb files and about 10 files without extensions) to "National Instruments\LabVIEW\instr.lb" but the thing is, I don't have a \instru.llb folder under \LabVIEW\. All I have is "MAX" "NI-DAQ" and "Shared." I even tried the search function for a folder called instr.lib but I couldn't find one on the computer. I manually made a new instru.lib folder and ran one of the .llb files, which opened up in LabVIEW, but I was given ten errors which mostly read like this

"- The VI expected to be at '<instrlib>:\hp81110a\hp81110a.llb\HP81110A Reset.vi' was loaded from 'C:\Users\Lab\AppData\Local\Temp\Temp1_hp81110a.zip\hp81110a.llb\HP81110A Reset.vi'"

I tried to manually navigate to the \AppData folder as to move the .vi files to the folder where they were expected, but I couldn't see it when I opeend my \Lab\ user folder.

What is going on here?

Many thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,361 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author vweltin

@vweltin wrote:

I'm trying to manually install some Plug and Play device drivers for my Aglient 81104A Pulse Generator, and I'm having a bit of difficulty. I found instructions for how to manually extract the files, but the instructions say to copy/paste the folder (which contains two .llb files and about 10 files without extensions) to "National Instruments\LabVIEW\instr.lb" but the thing is, I don't have a \instru.llb folder under \LabVIEW\. All I have is "MAX" "NI-DAQ" and "Shared."

Your OS is windows, right?

Are you looking under <drive>\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVEW (version)\   ?

It does not appear that you are looking in the correct LabVIEW folder.  You should see:

applibs

autotest

CCodeGen

cintools

Database

examples

help

instr.lib

internet

.... and so on ...

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,359 Views)

Hi,

I have a very similar problem where all I see when I enter the labview 2021 folder is a folder called resource. Also where could I find the driver installation instructions? Whenever I click the link on the driver page it redirects me to the homepage of forums.ni.com.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(1,167 Views)

@Luke24 wrote:

Hi,

I have a very similar problem where all I see when I enter the labview 2021 folder is a folder called resource. Also where could I find the driver installation instructions? Whenever I click the link on the driver page it redirects me to the homepage of forums.ni.com.

Plug and Play drivers are only for source code.  If all you have for LV 2021 is a resource folder in your Program Files folder, then only the LabVIEW runtime is installed and not the IDE.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(1,162 Views)

No Bill

He is at ....National Instruments\Shared\

You want to be at the symbolic <LabVIEW> application directory \instr.lib\ folder where the symbolic path is the location of LabVIEW.exe

This should be either C:\program files\National Instruments\LabVIEW <ver>\instr.lib

Or C:\program files x86\National Instruments\LabVIEW <ver>\Instr.lib

Depending on bigness of the IDE.

EITHER WAY just right-click the LabVIEW shortcut and select open file location.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(1,155 Views)