LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Program Reset

I need this program to reset in the case that an object has been sorted. The false condition in the last frame should output a true to the while loop that surrounds the entire program so it restarts the program but it is not working for us. I know i could use a state structure for the program but if anyone knows a solution so I don't have to restart with a state structure that would be great. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,390 Views)

What do you mean by "in the case that an object has been sorted"?  What object?  Where is the sorting?  The last frame doesn't have a "false condition".

Comparing a boolean wire to a True constant is a Rube Goldberg.  Just use the wire.

Why don't you want to restart with a state machine?  That is the proper solution.  A series of express VI's in a sequence structure is not the way to go, and you wouldn't be losing that much work.  It would be better to start over now and do it right, rather than trying to "fix" what you have now.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,364 Views)

Hi,

Why don't you just use boolean constant "TRUE" in order to restart your program.

Follow the instructions from Ravens FAN. Since your question is not specific and please go through labview basics again.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,339 Views)

I tried that and it wouldn't work right. I've switched to using a state machine which works much better for my purpose then a sequence structure.

Message 4 of 5
(2,335 Views)

Through enough testing and research I discovered getting the sequences to work under the conditions I wanted would be impossible. Thank you for the input but I did end up switching.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,333 Views)