LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Programming actuator using LabVIEW 2014

Hey all,

I'm using LabVIEW 2024 in a Windows 7 32 bit computer. I'm trying to make a simple program to control the SRC-101 Actuator from Sigma Koki.

The program I'm making is supposed to be for the actuator to move some pulses forwards or backwards. I tried to establish the serial communication and then send the commands for the pulses and the activation that are included in the device manual, but when I load the program it doesn't move. I'm including here my .vi and the manual of the actuator in the case it helps fixing my problem.

I have a much bigger and complex program that a coworker was using to operate the actuator. The problem is that we ran some test on it and it presents some drifting. This means that when it runs about 100 times forwards and backwards, the starting position and the final position are not the same. So I was trying to make a simpler program to see if the error was in the actuator or in the complex program. I'm adding this information to let know that the device does work when running a proper program in it.

Thank you very much!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(786 Views)

Don't feel too bad -- almost every time I say "I'm attaching ...", I also forget to attach.  Try again to send your Program and the Manual for the actuator.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(751 Views)

I forgot to attach the documents, here they are

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(735 Views)

Oops! Thank you for telling me! I've just attached them in a reply of the original post

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(733 Views)

Hi ceron,

@m.ceron wrote:

I forgot to …

You also forgot to read the manual, especially chapter 8!

It mentions those CR+LF delimiters - and you don't send them with your commands…

Several recommendations in this snippet:

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(709 Views)

Oh god I had totally missed that. Thank you so much for your response.

I tried to write the code following your directions but it still doesn't work. I don't know what else to do

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(696 Views)

Hi ceron,

@m.ceron wrote:

I tried to write the code following your directions but it still doesn't work. I don't know what else to do

You could do:

• attach the last version of your code
  • explain the term "doesn't work"
Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(689 Views)