LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proof of Concept in LABView

Dear LABView enthusiasts, I am a new user and want to do a proof of concept in LABView.

I want to couple a wavelength tunable laser into a Si Photonic chip (Optical Phased Array). The output of this chip is a wavelength sensitive grating emission angle that is reflected by a tilt mirror and directed to a far field 1mm photodetector.

The idea would be that the mirror tilts at an angle depending on whatever wavelength the tunable laser source (Ando AQ4321D) tells the control box.

Is there a way to simulate I/O commands to my LABView code and “run” it? That is, without actual equipment?

Additional notes: perhaps the way to do this would be to sync it with an OSA and sweep. The OSA could then be connected to the box…

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(719 Views)

Hi Miky,

@PristoMiky wrote:

Is there a way to simulate I/O commands to my LABView code and “run” it? That is, without actual equipment?

Yes.

Write down all of your requirements, then create a sketch of your program on a sheet of paper, then start to code…

@PristoMiky wrote:

LABView …

Additional notes: perhaps the way to do this would be to sync it with an OSA and sweep. The OSA could then be connected to the box…

When you write such rather specific question you should keep in mind not your whole audience knows about the typical abbrevations you are using! What is an "OSA"? What is a "box"?

Btw. LabVIEW is not spelled like you did…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(679 Views)