LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about Variable

Hello, wanna ask something about the variable.

Screenshot 2024-05-04 002828.pngScreenshot 2024-05-04 002904.png

This is the sample program i made, the indicator show 0 when i didnt press the pushbutton and show 1 when i press it. however, it turn back to 0 when i release it, is there anyway to keep it as 1 when i release it and the value will keep increasing when i press it?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(195 Views)

Attaching an image does not tell us the entire story. Please attach your VI.

• There is no toptlevel while loop. Are you using continuous run mode? Please don't!
  • What is the mechanical action of the switch?
  • Why are you using a local variable. Where is the terminal of that indicator?
  • In LabVIEW, the wire is the variable! Terminals are just UI devices.
  • To increment a value, you need to keep the current value in a shift register or feedback node.
  • etc. etc.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(188 Views)

See if this can give you some ideas:

altenbach_0-1714755382660.png

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(186 Views)

IF you go to the front panel and right click on the boolean control then select MECHANICAL ACTION there are a few options 

To do what you want you must select SWITCH WHEN PRESSED 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(140 Views)

@LVNinja wrote:

To do what you want you must select SWITCH WHEN PRESSED 

... But they said: "and the value will keep increasing when i press it?" That is " ... until released".

Nothing will be increasing without a shift register or feedback node and proper top-level architecture. 🙂

Of course it could also mean that it should increment by one for each press, in that case latch action would be correct 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(118 Views)

Hi, I'm sorry for not attaching VI

1. Yes, Im using continuous run mode, because i dont want the program to end in one run.

2. the mechanical action is switch when press

3. I put it somewhere else, it is not connected to anything. but the result will be the same even if i use the indicator.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(87 Views)

it is

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(86 Views)