LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about building an array

I have an array to build. I'm trying to find a good implementation of my the solution to my problem. I need to build an array (small in size) of clusters, but want to have my block diagram simple to read and easy to update if/when required. (Performance is not the main factor in this code).

I have created an example VI (in 2009) using strings instead of clusters do demonsttare what I am trying to do, and the three solutions I have come up with so far. Any feedback would be most welcome. - either on the exitsting techniques or a better one. I don't relly like the method used to produce Array 1 because it is difficult/not as easy to read on the BD.

Cheers

James 

CLD; LabVIEW since 8.0, Currently have LabVIEW 2015 SP1, 2018SP1 & 2020 installed
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,070 Views)

I would go for the third solution, since you have one dataset (array of clusters) that are tight together.

If you want to go for solution 2 I would suggest The OpenG toolkit has a function 'Conditional Auto-Index'.

This will do almost like your number 2, but you don't need an initial (A) array.

Ton

Free Code Capture Tool! Version 2.1.3 with comments, web-upload, back-save and snippets!
Nederlandse LabVIEW user groep www.lvug.nl
My LabVIEW Ideas

LabVIEW, programming like it should be!
Message 2 of 4
(2,052 Views)

so you agree that solution 1 in not that readable too then Ton?

Great.

Thanks for the feedback

James

CLD; LabVIEW since 8.0, Currently have LabVIEW 2015 SP1, 2018SP1 & 2020 installed
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,041 Views)

James W wrote:

so you agree that solution 1 in not that readable too then Ton?

Definitly.

Free Code Capture Tool! Version 2.1.3 with comments, web-upload, back-save and snippets!
Nederlandse LabVIEW user groep www.lvug.nl
My LabVIEW Ideas

LabVIEW, programming like it should be!
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,033 Views)