LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions on graphs and charts.,,,

Hi ,

I have always been facing problem while working with graphs and charts. First of all let me be clear with the data these accept. further questions as under:
1. If I wire an array (1-dimention) to graph/chart , it plots it on Y axis. In this case, what are the values on x.axis?
2. If I want to acquire a voltage on Analog I/P channel for some specified time , say 2 sec., how to ensure that time span and data without missing anyone.
3. If I have to plot an I-V plot, how to make sure that V will come on Y-axis and I will come on X-axis.

Plz clear these doubts...

Regards
GNS
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,519 Views)
Hi,

1. The graph interprets the data as points ont the graph and increments the x index by one starting at x=0. If you want a different starting point or increment, then use the bundle function. Check the graph examples in the "LV examples".
2. In this case you've to use a continous data acquisition (HW timed). If you're using a NI board, then check the countinous I/O examples in the "LV examples".
3. Use a XY-Graph which you'll find in the same palette as the chart and graph. The XY-Graph accepts a cluster which contains an x array and a y array.

Hope this helps.

Luca
Regards,
Luca
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,519 Views)
Hi,

1. Charts takes sigle point value like plotting DC voltages, Graph takes set of values like arrays (1D) which are plotted on Y-axis with respect to x axis which is integer number like 0,1,2..etc.. ,
XY graph takes bundled array of X-axis & Y axis.

2. Charts are used where a single point value is to be presented/updated w.r.t. to time or x scale (x scale can also act an index).

Also it supports update modes like sweep, scope & strip.

3. Graph are used to plot waveforms which does have no. of samples acquired from DAQ board or other source, which needs to be plot on Y-axis.

Main inputs of waveforms are starting time (t0), time stpes(dt) & Y elements.

4.X-Y graphs are used where you want to plot Y elements w.r.t. to the defined X eleme
nts. For e.g. I want to plot as
Y=10 when X = 0
Y=20 when X = 2
Y=30 when X = 3
etc.
Here we have one array of Y elements & other array of X elements. So bundle your X & Y array & fetch to XY graph to plot it.

Hope it clears you the concepts. Your feedbacks are welcome.

Best Regards,
Nirmal Sharma
India
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,519 Views)