LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Multiple Plots with Single XY Graph ??

I am having some issues with XY multiple plots as well and was hoping I could get some help.  I am fairly new to LabView so excuse me if my question is trivial.  I am trying to create a multiple plot XY graph based on user inputted parameters.  For instance, the user will input the time and speed for different wind speeds over an experiment.  This will be repeated for two other input variables.  Before the experiment is to be run, the times and values should be plotted on a graph to show the user that they have the correct weather pattern.  The example VI uses a for loop, which I will not need as all the variables will be inputted, then the graphs will be produced (using an OK button).  Here is the beginning of my trial code.  As you can see, I have a broken wire because it says I have connected two different types of data, but when it explains the different data, they are in fact the same.  Any help is appreciated!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,336 Views)

Rather than posting in a 10-year old thread, you should have just created a new message thread.  I have moved your message into a new thread.

Actually, the two wire types aren't the same.  The description doesn't go deep enough into the data structure to describe how they are different.

Delete the broken wire and right click on the subVI and create a constant.  You'll see better the data it expects which is a 1-D array of cluster which contains a 1-D array of a cluster of X an Y element or points.

You create a 1-D array of a cluster which contains 1-D arrays of X and Y values.

It is probably easier to show the two in a picture.

You just need to build the structure in a different order, combining the each X and and corresponding Y points into a cluster first.  Loops should help.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,328 Views)