LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reach Threshold, Move and Repeat

I'm currently looking to propose an automated system for one of our tests in the lab.  Part of this proposal will include a simulated program to show the sequencing steps.  To put it simply, we have 8 velocity and RTD sensors displaced along a moveable platform.  The platform is moved in 1 or 2 feet increments in a straight line to build a profile on velocity jets.  The velocity limit of the sensors is 500 feet per minute so the first part of my code I would like to scan the channels for 15 seconds, compare the max value of each array to 500 and if the value is greater than 500 move the daq device 1 foot, wait 15 seconds and then scan the channels again.  I've come up with the code to analyze the array and compare the values, I'm just not sure how to tell LabVIEW to move the daq device, wait 15 seconds, and then go back to scan mode.  Any suggestions?
LabVIEW 2016 - Windows 7

CLAD
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,364 Views)

Studying state machines now....

LabVIEW 2016 - Windows 7

CLAD
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,358 Views)

MeCoOp wrote:

Studying state machines now....

Excellent! Keep your thought "high level" as long as possible while developing your design.

Post an image of your thoughts if you would like feedback.

Ben

PS: See reply #2 in this thread to learn more about being the "lead dog".

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 3 of 4
(2,346 Views)
Good stuff! May have to re-think that whole lead dog thing 🙂
LabVIEW 2016 - Windows 7

CLAD
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,341 Views)