LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Read NI MAX Microphone Sensitivity

How can I read the NI MAX microphone sensitivity in the NI-DAXmx Global Virtual Channel using LabView. I am trying to read the calibration parameters in the Sound Pressure Setup in particular the sensitivity which is calculated during calibration of the sound pressure level. 

Mic sensitivity.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,418 Views)

One way would be to use the DAQ assistant in LabVIEW and set it up the same way you created the NI DAQmx Global Virtual Channel in MAX.  After you select Acquire SIgnals>>Analog Input>>Sound Pressure you should see a Virtual tab that should contain the supported Global channels you created in MAX.  After it has been configured you can then expand out the bottom panel of the DAQ assistant to see if the Sensitivity property is able to be read from.

Also if you don't need to use MAX for your channels I would suggest referencing the Sound and Vibration examples in the LabVIEW example finder and use the pre-built DAQmx functions to create your virtual channels.  Here is a screenshot of the folder that contains relevant examples:

S&V.PNG

CC
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
http://www.ni.com/support
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,362 Views)