LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Read a particular column in excel spreadshee​t

I ve created a project that measures temperature and water level. I want the data to be saved into an excel spreadsheet. I have attached the project.

Thank you for your help.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,754 Views)

A couple of points:

• Don't confuse Excel, the name of a Microsoft Program that and write and read a variety of "Spreadsheet" formats, including its proprietary .xls and .xlsx files, as well as ordinary text files that use the Comma-Separated Values (.csv) format, with what LabVIEW calls a "Spreadsheet File" or a "Delimited Spreadsheet", which is an ordinary text file that uses a delimiting character (by default, <tab>) for column separators and "lines of text" for rows.
  • You should probably spend a little more time learning LabVIEW Basics.  You will know when you've "learned enough" when you can stop using Express VIs.
  • To read a particular column from a LabVIEW Delimited Spreadsheet File, the easiest way to do this is to read the entire file (quick quiz -- what is the output from such a read?) and be able (with a single function) to isolate whatever row or column you wish to process.  If you can't do this, go back to the previous Bullet Point.

Bob Schor

Message 2 of 2
(1,748 Views)