LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommendations For Read a Code

Solved!
Go to solution

Hay I'm new here, and new also in LabVIEW, and my question is...

How can I read code correctly?
I got a code to read and I manage to read it but do not want to get lost in it. Do you have any recommendations on how to read the code properly?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(1,154 Views)

@Shimi_A wrote:

Hay I'm new here, and new also in LabVIEW, and my question is...

How can I read code correctly?
I got a code to read and I manage to read it but do not want to get lost in it. Do you have any recommendations on how to read the code properly?

There might be a language barrier here.  Could you be a little more specific, because this could mean many things.  Are you having trouble opening the files?  Do you want to understand what you are seeing?

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(1,135 Views)

thanks for your replay, I'm sorry for misunderstanding my first message.

let me explain, I have a project that I working on and my mission is to add some features to that program, I understand of what I see but, I'm get little confused when I enter from a one VI to another because its a large program.

so my question is how do I can read all of the program without go lost between all the VI's that I've got, because what's happens to me its, I enter to one VI until I've done to read and understand all of him I forgot where I was, or in which process I'm into in the program.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(1,116 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Shimi_A

Use th VI Hierarchy View.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
Message 4 of 8
(1,109 Views)

I will check it thank you

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(1,102 Views)

@Shimi_A wrote:

I will check it thank you

You can even use the hierarchy view to find the exact location of any sub vi or typdef in its callers.  Almost magical!

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
Message 6 of 8
(1,096 Views)

If you need further help in reading and understanding LabVIEW code that you have been given, we can provide a lot more specific help if you post the code.  Note that the most useful way to do this (if the Code involves a LabVIEW Project, namely a series of VIs and other LabVIEW files such as Controls/TypeDefs (.ctl) and the Project file, itself (.lvproj), compress the Folder that contains the Project and attach the resulting .zip file.  It may be that some of us won't have the version of LabVIEW you are using, but we (or you) can help in converting it to a recent "earlier version" if necessary.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(1,089 Views)

I'm sorry but I cant post that code here because reasons of confidentiality of the company I work for.

But thanks all of you for your help !

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(1,086 Views)