LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regading provision of protection to VI while converting from 8.6 to 8.2

I am facing the following problem:

I need to convert VI which is in LAB VIEW 8.6 to 8.2 as a read only VI for that

1). I selected the option from the Path " File >> VI Properties >> Protection >> Locked (no password)"  i.e second option of Protection menu from Category menu of VI properties .

2).I selected File >> Save for Previous Version >> 8.2  and closed the VI

If  i am trying to reopen the same VI it is opening as unprotected file only...i.e default it is selecting as Unlocked option in Protection menu irrespective of our selection...

Can U Please help me regarding the above problem
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 17
(2,812 Views)

i did the same from 2009 to 8.5.1 and its fine...

may be a bug in 8.6 version?

Regards
Guru (CLA)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 17
(2,803 Views)

thank u sir,

even i did with LAB VIEW 2009.No problem.it was fine

Problem is happening with 8.6. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 17
(2,793 Views)

by the way why you just want to lock the vi? anyone (i guess) can unlock this vi by going to the vi properties or just by hitting "ctrl+m"

why dont you password protect the vi?

Regards
Guru (CLA)
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 17
(2,787 Views)

hi guru,

i can put password protection.and  at the same time i am looking for the following application context:

In My application,i placed one multi column list box in front panel in which i can display all the run time data dynamically.

I want to make that mulicolumn list box cells(columns and rows) as Read-only.For that i am not finding the right option to make the same box read-only.

can u help me.

Thanks andregrads

Kavitha 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 17
(2,782 Views)

Make the multicolumn listbox as an indicator and your problem will get solved. i.e during run time the indicator can be used only for display purpose..

If still not solved attach your code

Regards
Guru (CLA)
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 17
(2,774 Views)

hi

after changing mulicolumn list box as an indicator also,i can edit the cells..

Not only in my applictation particularly,create mulicolumn list box( say 3x4) in front panel  and try to make it as Read Only.

If u get any idea please come back to me..

thanks and regards in advance

kavitha 

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 17
(2,769 Views)
No, you cannot edit the cells when it's an indicator - not as long as the VI is running. If it's not running, what does it matter?
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 17
(2,758 Views)

dear sir,

Just check by creating one multicolumn having 3 or 4 rows and 3 or 4 columns and try to update that using array constant(for updating data into cells) as default for displaying values in box ..we can edit the cells in front panel not at running time and if u try to save vi it can be saved also.

Thanks and regards

Kavitha 

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 17
(2,744 Views)
Why is this thread beginning to sound so much like this one???????????
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 17
(2,742 Views)