cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote VI`s editing

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi

I was wondering. What`s the easiest way to edit a VI located on a remote computer? I have a LabView installed on a server, but I want to develop an application using my laptop (this VI must run on a server). Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,270 Views)

Use the network path to the server to access the file assuming you have read/write access rights to that server.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,269 Views)

Yes, I do have an access to this server. Excuse me, but I didn`t get Your solution. Network path? You mean by Windows Sharing or something like this? Or maybe there is a way to create a remote project on LV. I`m not new to LV, but i`ve never done such a thing before. I`ve read about Remote Panels, but it seems that using this method I can only manipulate my front panel - there was nothing about changing block diagram...

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,260 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author e-nDrju

Yes.  Through windows sharing.

Can you open up an Explorer window to access the directory the VI is in?  Try going to Run on the start menu and entering something like \\MyServer\C\MyAppDirectory  Open your VI from the explorer window that comes up.  Now you are working with the VI that is actually on the server, but within the LabVIEW development environment on your PC.  When your done, save it, then relaunch the VI on your actual server.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,255 Views)

I think that will work out. I just thout that I can do it within LabView. Thanks. Problem solved.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,252 Views)

You can do it within LabVIEW as well if you have access to your server through the My Network link on the left hand side of the File Open dialog box.

Also, if you do File / Open, you can type in the \\MyServer\C\MyAppDirectory in the filename box and it will jump to that directory.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,241 Views)