cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote panel in a web browser: nothing on the screen

Hello everybody,

To get my VI application in a web browser, I followed a tutorial:

http://www.ni.com/tutorial/4791/en/

Indeed, I would like to make a remote controlled experiment by using a web browser.

However, even if I took care to follow exactly what was said in the tutorial, I got a white screen instead of the VI view.

Screenshot.png

I put the plugin needed and tried on several browsers (Internet explorer, Chrome and Firefox but still the same problem)

Do you have a solution?

Tell me if there is any other possibility to make a remote controlled experiment.

Thanks in advance.

Adrien

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,280 Views)

I also had this page.

Screenshot.png

I built my application and tried to do the same thing but still the same problem.

Am I the only one to have this?

Do you think it is due to the browser?

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,199 Views)

If it is showing the loading screen then that probably means that your browser and the NI plugin are working fine.

If it isn't downloading the panel - some things it might be are:

- Wrong IP address/port of cRIO in the html code

- A network configuration issue (e.g. firewall blocking communication, no route to the IP address)

- Incorrect VI Server settings (blocking access - make sure the Project/Target allows VI Server connections

- Might be that you need to install some additional NI components on the cRIO to allow remtoe front panel connections

To simplify things, I would perhaps create a simple VI on your computer (rather than the cRIO) and try the remote publishing tool on that - that will help to rule out IP/network configuration issues.

And if you are looking for another solution for accessing/contrlling a LabVIEW application through a web-browser - you might want to look at my WebSockets library (and links in my signature) - https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-41778

LabVIEW Champion, CLA, CLED, CTD
(blog)
Message 3 of 4
(3,189 Views)

Thank you for your reply.

You are right, the problem come from the network because when I tried with another computer it worked.

I saw your solution with Websocket library. It's very interesting but too much complicated for me...

Thanks again!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,152 Views)