LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remotely login to cRIO wireless

Hello, 

I am trying to find a way to remotly login to my cRIO wirelessly. I am hopeing to have the cRIO deployed in a remote location, which has no network access, and to be able to access the cRIO in some way. I tried with the SEA 3G module but that needs a public IP address from the SIM card and Ireland only provide private IP addresses, so that will not work. Getting a SIM with a public IP address from another country works out to be very expensive. 

Is there another way to remotely access the cRIO? Does anyone know of another company that has similar equipment to SEA or some other solution?

Thanks, 

Chris

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,270 Views)

Hi chris774,

For a plug and play solution it seems that the SEA products are the only ones in the market (for time being at least). Have you checked other GSM modules they sell?

For instance, the 9703 card they sell is based on 2G, so it might possibly not require a public address, but I can't say exactly and it might be worth getting in touch with them and asking for any possible workaround as it's a 3rd party product.

Also you might try implementing other possible mobile platforms, for instance, a satellite communication modem from Iridium Communications Inc. such as this one: http://www.iridium.com/products/Iridium9602.aspx?productCategoryID=2

That being said their data plan prices might be even more costly, but it's hard to say without contacting them directly and discussing your application.

Mark N
Applications Engineer
National Instruments UK & Ireland
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,224 Views)