LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove the stacked sequence structure from LabVIEW.

wiebe@CARYA wrote:

I'm not too strict about that myself (also just pretty strict). If code is a sequence I don't mind too much that it is programmed as a sequence. ... Step 1, Step 2..Step 10 are all stand alone actions, and grouping them in any way would be arbitrary.

Fitting the screen is the ideal and should be the goal.

I swear that I've never met Wiebe -- we are not the same person ...

Do All Tests.png

[My "sequence of tests" ...]

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 191 of 195
(1,108 Views)

@Bob_Schor wrote:

wiebe@CARYA wrote:

I'm not too strict about that myself (also just pretty strict). If code is a sequence I don't mind too much that it is programmed as a sequence. ... Step 1, Step 2..Step 10 are all stand alone actions, and grouping them in any way would be arbitrary.

Do All Tests.png

Bob Schor

I am afraid to ask...but is there a reason why "Test 13" is missing? 😄

Edit: maybe number 4 would be missing if you were from Asia? (i was in Korea a couple of years ago, and the floor numbering was always funny in buildings...) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tetraphobia

0 Kudos
Message 192 of 195
(1,103 Views)

@Blokk wrote:

@Bob_Schor wrote:

wiebe@CARYA wrote:

Do All Tests.png

Bob Schor

I am afraid to ask...but is there a reason why "Test 13" is missing? 😄

Edit: maybe number 4 would be missing if you were from Asia? (i was in Korea a couple of years ago, and the floor numbering was always funny in buildings...) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tetraphobia

So THAT's why test 13 never ran.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 193 of 195
(1,094 Views)

Bob, of course I was just joking! 🙂 I guess there was a good reason for the number 13 being missing!

And a note to myself: i should check more often which board I write to: this is not the Breakpoint! 😄

0 Kudos
Message 194 of 195
(1,091 Views)

@Bob_Schor wrote:Do All Tests.png

Bob Schor

Bob, guess I sometimes prefer all the test stuff in the main VI. But it's a borderline situation... SubVI's like this isn't too bad, but all the good stuff is a few clicks away. My choice either way (on-liner style or Sub VI's) might very well depend on the weather.

Nowadays I'd probably have a class wire between all those VI's if I go for Sub VI's. With reporting functions, you usually end up needing some previous results (logo height and such). Class wire is perfect for that (as I'm sure you know).

Bob_Schor wrote:I swear that I've never met Wiebe -- we are not the same person ...

I second that.

More OT: Looking forward to NI Week! Days of beer and nerd stuff: doesn't get much better.

0 Kudos
Message 195 of 195
(1,051 Views)