LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Report Generation MS Word Table Bug

Solved!
Go to solution

Thanks.  I'll do that.  Are there any other such bugs in the MS Office Toolkit that I should be aware of?  Thanks. 

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 32
(1,514 Views)
Not that I'm aware of.
Thoric (CLA, CLED, CTD and LabVIEW Champion)

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 32
(1,513 Views)

It works correctly.

thanks very much.

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 32
(1,491 Views)

Hi all, I was just passing by and wanted to ask if you have tested the workaround shown in the article "Exporting Tables to MS Word 2010 with the LabVIEW Report Generation Toolkit"?

Alejandro C. | National Instruments
Message 24 of 32
(1,474 Views)
At last! NI have acknowledged and produced their own solution to the bug. Thank you alcava.cr for linking to that newly released document.

However, note that NI's solution will make populating tables much slower, whereas my fix above works at the same speed as the original report generation toolkit vi (but only works for Word 2010 of course).
Thoric (CLA, CLED, CTD and LabVIEW Champion)

0 Kudos
Message 25 of 32
(1,470 Views)

@Thoric wrote:
At last! NI have acknowledged and produced their own solution to the bug. Thank you alcava.cr for linking to that newly released document.

However, note that NI's solution will make populating tables much slower, whereas my fix above works at the same speed as the original report generation toolkit vi (but only works for Word 2010 of course).

On top of that NI's solution doesn't handle Column or Row headers properly.  They have an off by one error so that if you set column headers or row headers they will be overwritten by the actual data, and you will be left with a blank row or column at the bottom or right.  Attached is my fix to their fix, which looks to see if the row or column header is blank, and then increments the iteration terminal by one if it is not.

0 Kudos
Message 26 of 32
(1,414 Views)

Dear Hooovahh

please guide me where i should place ur VI in my computer (in which folder).

Thanks

Usman Asghar

0 Kudos
Message 27 of 32
(1,363 Views)

Honestly it is recommended to use the NI replacement VI posted earlier.

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/4041ECB5D02BA57D862579A00002FE8D

If you replace the VI in the vi.lib with mine and things break you will have a difficult time getting NI to support you.  But the VI that would be replaced is this one:

<LabVIEW DIR>\vi.lib\Utility\NIReport.llb\Append Text Table to Report (wrap).vi

Note that there is also one for working with an array of doubles which may have similar issues.

0 Kudos
Message 28 of 32
(1,352 Views)

Thank you Thoric,

your solution saved me. I tried NI's official work around but it would throw an error.

I also tested your fix for Word 2010 and 2003 and it worked fine on both.

However, I ran into one bug and couldn't figure out how to fix it.

When I use a 2D String-Array that contains CarriageReturnLineFeeds I get a new row in my table for every CRLF.

Without your change of the Word_Insert_Table.vi this didn't happen. Can you find a way to allow those so that the table can contain multiple lines?

Cheers

0 Kudos
Message 29 of 32
(1,100 Views)

I meant: So that ONE CELL within the table can contain multiple lines. Sorry

0 Kudos
Message 30 of 32
(1,087 Views)