LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Report Generation Toolkit does not recognize Office 2003

Hi there

The newly installed MS Office 2003 and LV 8.5.

When installing Report Generation Toolkit is screams that it does not recognize Office 2003:

"Microsoft Office version 2000 or higher was not detected on the system. You need to install Microsoft Office 2000 or higher before you install the NI Report Generation Toolkit for Microsoft Office 1.1.2."

What to do?

thanks

Pawel

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,742 Views)

Did you reboot your system after installing Office 2003?  Have you launched Word and/or Excel since installing Office 2003?  I think there might be some registry initialization that takes place on first launch of Word and Excel.  If you've launched Word/Excel and the RGT 1.1.2 installer still isn't detecting them, there may have been a problem with your Office 2003 install.  Try uninstalling Office 2003 and reinstalling it.  When you reinstall, double-check that Word and Excel are selected in the install.  Then launch them both a first time before trying to install RGT 1.1.2.  If it still doesn't detect Office 2003, perhaps there's another problem with your system.  Are you using any foreign language software?  What OS are you running?  Is it Office 2003 standard or professional?  Is there anything weird about your Office install, like is it installed over the network instead of from CDs? 

I'm hoping the answer to one of these questions helps you solve the problem.  Keep me posted...

-D

Message 2 of 7
(3,723 Views)

I saw that a few times, although not 8.5 just yet. Yeah things never get better in the PC world - when all else fails - REBOOT. Worst case, re-install toolkit being sure Office has been installed and runs.

All the best

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,703 Views)

Hi Darren

Thanks for the reply.

I am using WXP, I ren Excel and word before installting LV.

I am not sure how Office got into my machine, the IT dept. installed it. I will ask them to reintall it agian.

I'll be back.

cheers

Pawel

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,694 Views)
I just installed Labview 8.5 and have the same problem with the Report Generation Toolkit refusing to install because it cannot detect Office.

I have had Office 2003 installed on this machine for over 3 years. I just installed Labview...

I just fired up Word 2003 (the Report Generation Toolkit installer is still running!) and checked it's activation status - it is indeed activated.

In addition to it being an obvious bug in the installer that it doesn't correctly detect Office when it is installed, it also does not provide 'back' as an option after the detection fails, so I cannot go back and try again.

I need to install the Report Generation Toolkit as soon as possible - NI, **please** fix this problem!!!!!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,498 Views)

Hi sbus

I had a simmilar problem. Reinstaling Office has fixed it.

cheers

Pawel

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,483 Views)

PROBLEM IS SOLVED

There was corruption in the Windows Installer database. I used the "Windows Installer Clean Up Utility" downloaded from Microsoft to remove ALL traces of Office, then reinstalled. Worked fine.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,370 Views)