LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resize Scroll bar in Table Control or Multicolumn ListBox

Hi Everyone,

Funny Issue, and it seems to be a bug in LabVIEW since 8.0....I am trying to display a table of data and my monitor is touch screen. So i thought of increasing the with of scroll bar.

But it doesnt seems to be working out. As soon as I close the VI, scroll bar comes back to its original size. It looks proper in custom control, but when I add it to VI..its gone.....

any work around for this?.........some must have tried this before right.......

Thanks in advance

Message Edited by Anil Reddy on 03-19-2010 02:16 PM
Anil Punnam
CLD
LV 2012, TestStand 4.2..........
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 18
(4,716 Views)

I think this is what you're looking for: Why Can I not Resize the Scrollbar on my Table Control?

Cheers, 

Misha
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 18
(4,709 Views)

I read that article,

but I am looking for some work around to resize the scroll bar....otherwise I may go with the solution given in that article............

Anil Punnam
CLD
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 18
(4,706 Views)
Hmmm... I'm not aware of any way to make the settings for the scrollbar persist when you close/reopen the VI (that's the bug). As far as workarounds, is there a reason you're not able to implement one outlined in the KB?
Misha
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 18
(4,702 Views)
I dont want some extra buttons on my screen.......that is the only reason.....I am just displaying a test report using This control.........I think This bug is present since 8.0??? right....
Message Edited by Anil Reddy on 03-19-2010 02:49 PM
Anil Punnam
CLD
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 18
(4,699 Views)

Hey Anil,

Yes this bug has been around for a while and it has not been fixed. At the moment the workaround Misha pointed out seems to be the best route.

Thanks,

Message Edited by Aashish_M on 03-22-2010 06:33 PM
Aashish M
CEO
TransferFi
www.transferfi.com
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 18
(4,654 Views)

yeah, I am implementing that solution only...but it does not look good on UI and if you have 2-3 pages report, tough to browse line by line.................user can not jump to a section he wants to see..............

any specific reason for not fixing this BUG????? 

Anil Punnam
CLD
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 18
(4,645 Views)

Hey Anil,

Most of these bugs are prioritized differently by R&D and this issue has not reached the same level of severity as other issues that have been addressed.

Aashish M
CEO
TransferFi
www.transferfi.com
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 18
(4,606 Views)

Hey Aashish,

I found that below issue is fixed in LabVIEW 2009 as per the document, but it does not seems to be in reality....

485433TOG6U3ACustom Scroll Bar Width Does Not Save

But you were mentioning that it has not reached the severity level.

http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/tut/p/id/9510 

Thanks

Anil

Anil Punnam
CLD
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 18
(4,483 Views)

Hey Anil,

Form speaking to R&D I found a work around. Try adding the INI token AutosizeScrollbar=FALSE in the LabVIEW.ini file within C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2009\ folder.

Hopefully this works for you.

Aashish M
CEO
TransferFi
www.transferfi.com
Message 10 of 18
(4,448 Views)