LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resolving Interference Between FPGA Load Cell Data Collection and myRIO IMU Sensor Readings: Seeking Solutions for Simultaneous Operation

I'm facing interference problems between my FPGA code responsible for collecting load cell data and my myRIO code for reading data from an IMU sensor. When the FPGA code runs, it seems to disrupt the IMU data collection process, resulting in no data being received from the IMU. I've verified that both sets of code work independently, but when run simultaneously, they interfere with each other. Are there specific techniques  I should consider for achieving simultaneous operation of my FPGA code and myRIO code without interference?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(87 Views)

It's been a while since I used the myRIO but I thought most of the default I/O functions for the myRIO actually work by deploying a specific FPGA bitfile and interfacing with that which would explain why running your FPGA code interferes with that process as deploying your FPGA bitfile would overwrite the bitfile the myRIO function is expecting.

I think you might need to find the VI which compiles into the default myRIO FPGA personality (I forget where that gets installed) and take the code responsible for the IMU sensor and bring it into your FPGA code for both of them to work together.

Like I said it's been a while so hopefully I'm not too far off.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(72 Views)