Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restore Ctrl + mouse wheel function in Labview 2023 Q3

Solved!
Go to solution

@Novgorod wrote:

@Hooovahh wrote:

To be fair this feature was requested by non-LabVIEW hacks too, but I've usually heard them want the zoom in.  Since having a 4k monitor, with 32x32 pixel icons can be hard to get autotool to be in just the right spot for wiring or selection.

But hasn't that been "solved" long ago via the Windows dpi scaling? 

I wouldn't say so.  I always set Windows scaling to 100% because LabVIEW does very weird things graphically going between computers that have different settings.  Maybe I'm avoiding one set of bad UX things by doing another bad UX thing. If Windows scaling consistently worked maybe zoom in wouldn't be needed.

0 Kudos
Message 31 of 35
(395 Views)

Beware! After you start using Shift+Ctrl+Wheel then edit older code (e.g. 2015), it might appear to scroll through frames too (making you forget about the difference) but it misleadingly skips some (at least with enums). To make it even more confusing, Wheel up and Wheel down skip different frames.

0 Kudos
Message 32 of 35
(373 Views)

I think the pre-zoom Ctrl-Shift-Scroll behavior is that it would jump to every 5th frame.

Message 33 of 35
(363 Views)

Confirmed, except when wrapping through the beginning or end where it stops at the other end. Where was that documented, not in Help?

0 Kudos
Message 34 of 35
(354 Views)

Yeah, I can't find it documented anywhere.

0 Kudos
Message 35 of 35
(350 Views)