LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Run EXE built Fail

I got error per picture below after I built exe and install it on another PC.

It not show which file missing.

On the first PC that have Labview program and use for build exe, it able to run normal.

On the second PC that have no Labview program (installed runtime engine), it unable to run even though I copy entire folder form first PC.

So, I installed Labview program on second PC to see code which file is missing, BUT it not pop-up error anything!?!?
Then I run exe on second PC again, it's working?!?!.
I very confuse what happed, please help to clarify.

Labview Verison 2023

Waruntron_0-1711334584573.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(330 Views)

Is your program loading a configuration file? Make sure you are not deriving the path from "current vi path".

Use this instead.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(287 Views)

May be this kb will be helpful for you: Error 7 in Executable When Using the Current VI's Path Constant

Somewhere in your code you have connection between Open Config Data.vi and Error Handler.

The only interesting fact is that in LabVIEW 2023 usually you will have additional info about the path used, for example, the code like this:

snp01.png

will produce error message like that:

2024-03-25 06.49.30 - .png

But only if have empty path, or not a path:

snp02.png

Then the messages will be slightly different and similar to yours:

2024-03-25 06.49.52 - .png

So, it looks like empty path was passed to Open Config Data.vi. Why this happened in absense of LabVIEW dev environment, and how this affect builded executable — its another question.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(267 Views)

I tried to check, I do not see any blank constant path.
But it still not makes sense that why I have to run project after that it can run exe normal.

Actually, when I start run project to see error, it's pop-up error the same, then I click "Continue" (it has only this button).
But not go to anywhere of code that make program fail, then I close and open again, it's suddenly work, very weird.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(209 Views)

We have exhausted our options to help you without seeing your actual code. The answers from Altenbach and Andrey were sensible, but without seeing your code still nothing more than guess work. We could go on to do more guess work with a blindfold on, but that is very unproductive.

Post your code, and preferably go to the trouble of "Save for previous" if you do so. This lets more people open your VI files so they can help you.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(192 Views)