cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Run vi in previous Labview version and no added toolkit

Solved!
Go to solution

Backgroud :
I created vi instrument using LABVIEW v8.5. inthat program, I added function from sound and vibration measurment suite"toolkit". I want to run this program on "another computer"

Problem :

But that "another computer" is using labview v.7.1 and no install sound and vibration measurment suite.

Question:
Can I run my program in that computer? without should be installed "sound and vibration measurment suite" and Labview v.8.5

If that''s possible, How to do it?

Thanks before..

Regard,

Angga

Message Edited by macan on 12-02-2009 12:20 AM
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(3,510 Views)

When you just want to run it on another computer then simply create an executable out of your 8.5 code.

Christian

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(3,499 Views)

Do you mean make .EXE ??

How to get it ??

Can you give me step to do it ? I'm not understand. 

Thanks.

angga

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(3,490 Views)

Yes, you can create an exectuable using the LabVIEW Application Builder.

You have to add your VI to a project first. Within the project tree you should find the Build Specifications, where you can create an exectuable by rightclicking on it. Just follow the different categories then and search in the LabVIEW help for more information.

After you created the exectuable you will need to create an installer too, again under the Build Specifications. So you can create an installer with your executable including the 8.5 runtime engine.

I'm sorry but I just found german tutorials for creating applications under LabVIEW, but the LV Help should be enough to get it work.

Christian

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(3,483 Views)

Thanks. I'll try it.

regard,

angga

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(3,480 Views)

I have last question.

Can I use vi without create excutable? I mean, I can run my vi direct on labview v7.1(no install sound&vibration measurement suite)??

regard,

angga

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(3,467 Views)

PLEASE HELP ME,

I've created .EXE. But when I run this in another"laboratory" computer with Labview v7.1, This program couldn't run.in laboratory cumputer, just only install ni-daqmx (without  sound&vibration measurement suite)

note: My program using ni-daqmx and sound&vibration measurement function. I created in Labview v8.5.

What's should I do to solve this problem ? 

thanks before,

regard,

angga

Message Edited by macan on 12-02-2009 09:38 PM
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(3,435 Views)

Do you get an error message?

You say you only installed DAQmx.  Did you install the LV 8.5 runtime engine on the other PC?

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(3,425 Views)

I try it with 2 computer.

First computer"laboratory computer" : install labview v7.1 and ni-DAQmx. but I get an error message like you say "LV 8.5 runtime engine". Should I install LV 8.5 runtime engine?? how about Sound&vibration measurement suite? whether this would be run without having to install SV toolkit ??

Second cumputer : I will try to install LV 8.5 runtime engine only without  labview v7.1 and ni-DAQmx ? i get an error message like " error DAQmx"

What should  I do??

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(3,416 Views)
In order for your application to work on another computer that computer must have installed the according LabVIEW runtime engine (same version as the LabVIEW version used to create your application) AND DAQmx.
Message Edited by rolfk on 12-03-2009 09:04 AM
Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(3,414 Views)