LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Running multiple system exec in parallel

Solved!
Go to solution

I have a 3rd party .exe CLI that I'm using to program microcontroller based sensors. I'm in need of increasing productivity by flashing multiple sensors at one time. I'm also looking for a returned value from 0-6 from the .exe to identify the "Result". 

Currently I cannot get the subVI with the system exec call to run multiple instances at the same time, it only opens one command line window, runs, closes, opens next instances (the .exe takes approx 30 seconds to complete). 

The only way I can get multiple cmd lines to open at the same time is by telling the system exec to not wait for completion but then only get the default subVI enum output for the "Result" and the main VI closes before the cmd lines complete. 

If I were to use a Batch file to run mutliple .exe calls, how would i get the results for each instances?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,925 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author ian99rt

Have you tried setting the subVI containing the System Exec as Preallocated clone reentrant execution and running each instance in parallel?

Edit: Leave the System Exec to wait for completion.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
Message 2 of 3
(2,905 Views)

That did it! Thank you so much

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,898 Views)