cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Runtime 8.5

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi

I have created a program and build an exe of that, now i like to open this program in a computer where there is no LabVIEW runtime installed, the idea is to open the exe file so that it installs the runtime and then opens the program,is that possible to do ?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,536 Views)

No.

Think about it. You need the runtime engine installed for the exe to run. How can the exe start and install the runtime if the runtime is not installed in the first place? You are placing the cart before the horse.

p.s. Try to use a subject that comes a littel closer to describing the problem.

Message Edited by Dennis Knutson on 04-30-2010 08:23 AM
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,534 Views)

Hi Veeru,

You can create an installer which will install both LabVIEW runtime engine and exe in the other computer.

Thanks,

Sanad MM

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,529 Views)

Thanks Dennis

Yes i do accept that but my boss said that, "for sure" we can do that, so i thought there could be a possibility. Now i am sure that we can't do that

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,525 Views)
Your boss could learn a little about (actually a lot) of LabVIEW before any promises are made. If the boss does not learn LabVIEW, if he's smart, he will ask the experts first.Smiley Wink
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,492 Views)

Thanks

Sanad, could you pls explain in detail

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,466 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Veeru
Creating an installer is described in pretty good detail in the LabVIEW help. It's an option in the project, just like creating an exe or dll. Right click on Build Specifications. You must have seen the installer option when you created your exe.
Message 7 of 7
(3,454 Views)