LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPI connector for Master device

Hi!

I need to connect my SPI device ( an ISM transceiver which works as a master) to my PC.

I need to use an SPI interface (my device generate the clock, configurable from 650 KHz to 20 MHz)  and also I need 6 GPIOs for the configuration.

I was thinking in USB 8451 but it only works with slave devices.

Is there any other solution?

Thanks in advance, 

María.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,652 Views)

There are plenty of solutions on the market. Did you try Google? TotalPhase's Aardvark can work as a slave. I've used this before (though not in slave mode). You could also use the Sub-20.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,648 Views)

Ardvark, Cheetah, ... whatever animal they are working on today worked OK for me as well.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,645 Views)

Thank you so much, but do you know some that works at higher frequencies (around 20 MHz)?

And also another question, due to they don't belong to NI, is it possible to program the logic necessary to manage the device using this connectors with LabVIEW?

thank you again 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,638 Views)

Oh, come now, surely you can look at the web pages and specifications just as well as we can to determine the answers to those questions.

Both of the ones I mentioned come with LabVIEW drivers. As for others on the market, well you'll just need to check with the manufacturers.

Message 5 of 5
(2,629 Views)