LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPPED : Labview vs Vb.net

I have to devolop an application with just a a/d converter, to have a low voltage input elaborated inside the pc.

I need 16 bits of resolution and about 50Khz sample mode.

What I ask is : there is any speed difference (in getting the inputs and then elaborate / show them) between VB.net 2003 + Measurement studio and LabView 8 ?

after all , below VB.net there is the .net/vcl language, but under Labview ? c ? or c++ ? or .. ? and there is any difference in the compiled version (.exe) of a LabView program ?

Any advice or personal experience will be very appreciated 
thank you very much
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,130 Views)
I think you'll find that you'll get good performance either way. .NET compiles into an intermediate code (IL), which is then compiled into x86 when you run the program (a process known as JIT, or Just In Time, compiling).

LabVIEW compiles it's VI's directly into x86 code. But really they are both fast solutions.

I think the difference comes down to preference for your case. Many people, especially on this forum, would say that you can get the code written much faster in LabVIEW (and your application is a classic type that LV is designed to do well). But, if you've programmed in VB or C all your life, you might find .NET easier.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,100 Views)