LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STFT(PtByPt) only works at 0-5Hz?

Dear everyone,

I would like to bulid a real-time spectrum analyzer working at 0-150kHz, which means the spectrum can flow as the time goes. I found  STFT(PtByPt) may realize it. But I find it can only work at 0-5Hz in my VI and beyond that, the result will not seem correct. I am new with the Labview so I will really appreciate that if anyone could help me with that or give me some advice. Thank you!

Junzhe

Ps. my version is 2013.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,139 Views)

Hello Legends,

It seems like you have misconfigured some things:

1) At the generator side (Simulate Signal) you have the following settings:

- Signal between 0 and 10 Hz

- Sample rate = 4000 Hz

- Number of Samples (per read) = 400

2) At the Analyser side (STFT Spectogram PtByPt) taken from the LabVIEW Help page concerning this VI:

- sample length = 100 This should be the length of each set of incoming data. This should be 400 and not 100.

- window length = 50 Is the actual length of the selected window. It corresponds to the number of samples used in calculating the Fourier
transform. Please make sure you also understand the effect this has.

Are you fully familiar with these properties?

If not, then please have a look at this page:
http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371361K-01/ptbypt/stft_spectrogram_ptbypt/

To get a better idea about how to use this VI, please have a look at the example "STFT Spectogram Demo" in the NI Example Finder (Help>Find Examples)

Kind Regards,
Thierry C - CLA, CTA - Senior R&D Engineer (Former Support Engineer) - National Instruments
If someone helped you, let them know. Mark as solved and/or give a kudo. 😉
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,085 Views)