LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Searching for A row in excel by value and then saving a test result in a specific cell in that row

I am trying to figure out a way to search withing a spreadsheet by an ID number, return data related that ID number, then save a test result in a specific cell. I have attached sample spreadhseet to look at. Basically when I enter the sample ID I want to be able to display the Batch date and Temperature, Run my test, then save the result in test result collumn and in the row corrosponding to the sample ID. The samples will not typically be tested in order and a typical list will have about 500 rows of data. Has anyone done something similar before or know of any examples that might get me started?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,172 Views)

A .txt file is not a spreadsheet.  Are you wanting to save this information to an Excel spreadsheet first and then perform the task mentioned, or are you solely working from the txt file?

aputman
------------------
Heads up! NI has moved LabVIEW to a mandatory SaaS subscription policy, along with a big price increase. Make your voice heard.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,156 Views)

Sorry here is the spreadsheet. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,138 Views)

Forgot to mention. The data could start as a text or excel file whatever is easiest to work with for this application.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,134 Views)

You can try something like this (this will only work for text files, you want the Report Generation Toolkit for Excel files):

insert into spreadsheet.png

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,129 Views)
Or use a real database. You find the row with a SELECT and WHERE clause. Change the row with UPDATE.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,105 Views)

Thanks! I will start with these and see how it goes.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,101 Views)

Here is how you could do it using Excel ActiveX.  

Example_VI_BD.png

aputman
------------------
Heads up! NI has moved LabVIEW to a mandatory SaaS subscription policy, along with a big price increase. Make your voice heard.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,087 Views)