LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Second X-Scale BUG in Intensity Graph

Hi I have encountered a problem where if I create an intensity graph with two x-axes, I can only successfully set the offset and multiplier value for one of the axes. Please see attached code. If you try to vary the number of rows in my array, only the bottom x-axis ever updates... Any suggestions as to why this is happening?

Cheers, 

bspoka

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,474 Views)

Only 1 X scale and 1 Y scale can be associated with a given plot.  X scales (nor Y scales) can be associated with each other, although that would be a nice feature to have.

I don't know think an intensity scale can have more than 1 plot.  If you look at the XY graph or waveform graph, the properties have a plot page that let you associate it with particular scales.  The intensity graph doesn't have that option in its property dialog.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,466 Views)

Hmm.. that's a bit unfortunate. Why then can you add additional axes in the first place?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,460 Views)

Also I'm not sure I follow your property argument. The intensity graph most certainly has a scales property both in its dialog and the nodes. Am I not understanding something?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,455 Views)

@bspoka wrote:

Hmm.. that's a bit unfortunate. Why then can you add additional axes in the first place?

Probably because the intensity graph design was based on XY graphs, and nobody thought to remove the extra scales from it.

@bspoka wrote:

Also I'm not sure I follow your property argument. The intensity graph most certainly has a scales property both in its dialog and the nodes. Am I not understanding something?

You did misunderstand.

The intensity graph property dialog does not have a "PLOTS" page.  The waveform graph, waveform chart, and XY graph all do have that page in their property dialogs.  That is the page where you associate a specific plot with a specific scale.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,438 Views)