LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selecting text and then selecting VI Properties will italicize the text and won't open the properties

Here's a screenshot of what you have to do to reproduce the issue

Create a string constant, select some text in the control, go to the file menu and select VI Properties

italicize.png

The selected text ("ndo" in the pictured case) will italicize and the properties dialog window won't show up

Message 1 of 5
(593 Views)

I believe that is intended behavior. For the past few releases of LabVIEW, pressing Ctrl-B/I/U while text is selected in a panel or diagram object will bold/italicize/underline that text. The "original" functionality of those shortcuts (remove broken wires, VI Properties, diagram cleanup) will activate any time that a text field is not being edited.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(588 Views)

I'm not pressing ctrl-b i or y 😉

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(558 Views)

Ah, I see. Yeah, LV R&D used the existing menu mechanism (where menu items have Ctrl-key shortcuts) to implement the font options, so that is a corner case that is a bit strange.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(555 Views)

@Darren wrote:

I believe that is intended behavior. For the past few releases of LabVIEW, pressing Ctrl-B/I/U while text is selected in a panel or diagram object will bold/italicize/underline that text. The "original" functionality of those shortcuts (remove broken wires, VI Properties, diagram cleanup) will activate any time that a text field is not being edited.

I don't think it was intentional behavior as much as it was "unavoidable" behavior.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(543 Views)