LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Send To context menu arguments with LabVIEW executable

Hi,

I am have written a VI (and built it as an exe) to perform operations on a file, or array of files.  I get the list of files as application arguments.  I have added my exe to the Send To folder in windows so it appears in the context menu when I right click on a file.  The problem is, LabVIEW opens the file with its registered application.  I have read that Send To will pass the file selected to the application as arguments.  The question is how do I set up LabVIEW (or Windows) to pass the selected file(s) as an argument rather than launching it?

Thank you,

Michael.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,170 Views)

Hi Michael,

What are the files that you are passing? What exactly does you .exe do? is it possible to have a look at the source code, a screen shot will suffice.

Regards

Andrew George @ NI UK
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,153 Views)

Problem solved.  I had forgotten to check the box 'pass all command line arguments to application' when I built the VI.  What I find strange is that LabVIEW intercepted the argument I was passing and tried to open it using the program registered with windows. I guess there is some reason this is expected behavior.  I have attached the VI which does not work (wrong settings) just for interest. (built with LV2010)

Thanks,

Michael.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,149 Views)