LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sensor control with labview?

How can you control a sensor with labview via USB interface?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 13
(3,397 Views)

hi siva1,

what do you mean by controlling a sensor?Do you mean data acuisition from sensor?

Thanks and regards,

srikrishnaNF

Regards,
Srikrishna

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 13
(3,386 Views)

obviously yes..

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 13
(3,384 Views)

Hey,

First of all, everyone in this forum is just trying to help. Obviously we're not mind readers, so we can't help you if we don't know enough.

What data are you collecting? You can use an express VI to configure data collection.

From what sensor? Maybe you can get a driver from the manufactorer.

- Rkll

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 13
(3,367 Views)

Hi RKll,

I have a project requirement to test several sensors & drivers connected to a controller board with labVIEW . The controller board is connected to the PC with a USB to CAN adapter.Interafce is as follows:

USB                                        CAN

PC------------>USB to CAN Adapter-------------------->Controller board------------>sensors, drivers etc.

Queries:

1. Any idea about USB data format in labview?

2. Any sample code for this USB communication?

I'm only familiar with simple labVIEW programs & no idea about instrument control via labVIEW. Hope now you are clear?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 13
(3,363 Views)

I'm not an expert on USB communication but Intaris has a couple of very good nuggets on the topic.

Another option you could look into is to eliminate the usb to can adapter and get yourself an NI CAN board. You could then check out this tutorial!

- Rkll

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 13
(3,345 Views)

Hi Rkll,

The usage of third party adapter board is a customer requirement. So no option to replace it with NI equivalent. I think we can control the third party board with labview?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 13
(3,340 Views)

Do you have any third party application to get the data still now. from the CAN adapter that you are currently using any model number?

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 13
(3,332 Views)

not clear?

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 13
(3,327 Views)

What are the model of the CAN adapter ?

You should find the driver for the adapter, have you got the driver for the adapter ?

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 13
(3,321 Views)