LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Serial communication with Qualmark Typhoon 3.0

We have a Espec Typhoon 3.0 HALT chamber that we control with Typhoon Manager. However, we would wish to be able to read the data from it using Labview for certain tests.  I can set up a serial communication with the chamber by configuring a serial Visa  port. However I'm unable to read any data from the chamber and excel/txt files always comes out blank. Do I need any special drivers for the chamber? 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(692 Views)

Any serial devices has a specific (and often proprietary) protocol. This protocol describes what commands you need to send to the device to make it perform certain actions or return certain informations. Do you have the protocol description for your device? If it is a manual it is usually called the Programmers Manual, the Usrr Manual often only describes how to operate the device but not how to program it through its remote interface(s).

Without such a protocol description you can pretty much forget to try to control it through anything but the vendors own PC software.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(677 Views)

Thank you for the help. I am talking to Espec and trying to get some information from them.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(633 Views)