LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shortcut to jump up or down in an array constant?

Solved!
Go to solution

Alright, so lets say I need to create an array with 10 elements. After I have create an empty array and enlarged to 10 elements I click to the first index, type the content, then click to the second index, type, click, type, click aaaargh.

Its so disturbing that I always need to touch the mouse when I want to change which index I am editing right now. Do we have a shortcut for jumping up and down between the elements?

Also deleting items from an array is a huge pain in the butt... rightclick -> data operation -> delete element. Once you need to delete 100 elements from an array you need a good amount of coffee and / or sedatives.

Please help me out by communicating these secret hot keys.

thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,545 Views)

There are no magic shortcuts, but there is an idea for it - http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW-Idea-Exchange/Tab-between-array-control-constant-elements-during-edi...

Personally, I don't have too many array constants and I don't edit arrays all that often. I agree that it's a cumbersome process and could be handled better, but it's usually a relatively rare annoyance. If I do have a case where I need to do a lot of work, I will usually move the data (either with code or with the right click copy or export options) to a more favorable environment like Notepad or Excel, do the work there and then move it back.

(4,538 Views)

I do the same... and its a pain in the back. Thanks for linking the idea.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(4,522 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author 1984

A tip for entering value into the array.

Instead of creating a constant array and keep using the mouse to enter element you can do this way.

• Create an array control in the front panel
  • size according to the number of elements you want to enter
  • Press Ctrl+M (Switch to run Mode) and enter the value in the 1st index, then use Tab to go to the next index sequentially forward and Shift+Tab to go backward.

Finally once everything is done change the control to a constant. Isn't this simple Smiley Wink

-----

The best solution is the one you find it by yourself
Message 4 of 6
(4,509 Views)

Holy cow!!!! And it works 🙂

http://goo.gl/Vx6TnH

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(4,491 Views)

Well I just learned something new.  I will have to remember that next time.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 6 of 6
(4,479 Views)