LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Show Front Panel form VGA output of CVS

I have built a stand-alone Real-Time Application on my CVS by following the method in ‘RT_Getting_Started.pdf’ file, and I think it is successful (because the ‘startup.rtexe’ file is already created in the startup folder in CVS). I was set the application file as a startup.

Is it possible to show a Front Panel of Real-Time Application (Startup program) from a VGA output of CVS without using any PC?  I want to use only CVS and Monitor (from VGA output).

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,262 Views)

hello MFarid,

Thank you for your post.

It is only possible to show some images and counters on the VGA output of an CVS. You will need a graphical operating system (like windows) to present the complete front panel of your VI. There are complete panel PC's (like PPC 2015 and PPC 2115) which are complete PC's with a touch screen.

If you want to make a simple user interface (only some buttons to control the CSV and some simple data presenting) a touch panel (Windows CE device) can be used. Please be aware that you need a Labview touch panel module to deploy to this kind of device. The simple user interface can communicate throug shared variables with your Labview application on the CVI.

So I'm sorry to say that with only a monitor and a CVS it isn't possible.

Many greetings,

Martijn

Martijn S
Applications Engineer
NI Netherlands
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,237 Views)