LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simultaneous File Save in Jpeg and TDMS

Does anyone know if it is possible for me to log my Data Acquisition Data in TDMS file, while at the same time able to save my Front Panel Screen in Jpeg?

If this possible, I would appreciate any kind suggestion on how I can do this.  I used DAQmx for my Data Acquisition Application, and I want to log data in TDMS format and also save my front panel in a jpeg or .png format.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,224 Views)

It is possible,but why do you want to save the front panel? And do you want to do it continuously?

To save the front panel, see this link: http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/09FAC3BEE5B9C38B862570EC00698237

It is slightly easier if you want to save a chart or graph instead.

There are plenty of TDMS examples in Labview, check those an get back with more specific questions.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,217 Views)

Perhult, thanks for your response to my question and the link you referred me to.  

Yes, I would have love to save the front panel continously, but then again you are very right about the ease or importance of saving the chart/graph continously rather than the front panel.  To follow your advise, I would want rather save my waveform graph continously than the fron panel.  In that, how could I code that, please?

I have browsed through different examples of TDMS in Labview, and all I have seen so far is the logging of the acquisition raw data, and not the waveform graph.

Thanks again for your time and help.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,198 Views)

It is no problem to get the entire front panel (Use Open VI reference, FP Get Image method), only a bit redundant perhaps.

You need to have logic for when to save (perhaps not every iteration), and what file name to save to.

Here is a very basic prototype to get you started. Unfortunately the choice of file format for the built in save to image function is limited. If you wish you can use the Get Image method and send the result to Image to PNG for instance.

The data for your graph must come from somewhere? It is not the waveform graph in itself you should save to the TDMS file, it is the data that enters the graph.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,191 Views)