ni.com checkout is currently experiencing issues.

Support teams are actively working on the resolution.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simultaneous analog input/output

Hi all,

I need to output two different DC signals, and several analog waveforms, while at the same time acquiring analog input. I'm using a cDAQ 9178, with NI9264 for AO, and NI9220 for AI, and LabView2014.

I'm getting Error -201105: Possible reason(s): Resource requested by this task has already been reserved by a different task with conflicting settings. Unreserve any other tasks using this device, or change their settings to be compatible with this task. From an example that I thought was similar in a way ( https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-11632 ), I reserved one of the tasks (and forced it to start last), but the error is the same with or without the DAQmx Control Task vi.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,645 Views)

From further reading of the forums, it sounds like what I want to do may not necessarily be possible because of clock issues, and that I should have only one task for all the AO channels. My issue with this is that with two separate channels, I can use "Nchannel 1sample" write task for the DC signals, and I can easily change the value while the task is running.

So I guess my new question is: how can I combine two DC signals that I want to be able to change "live", with buffered waveforms?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,609 Views)

Hi Nathan,

Could you add your vi to your post and I'll see if I can replicate the error your having.

Cheers James

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,488 Views)